And what about the non-material riches Hashem bequeathed us?
She makes an excellent point. (Thank you, inspiring & insightful reader!)
So without further ado, here is a list of 25 non-material gifts (whether they feel like gifts or not because everything Hashem does is for the best, whether it feels that way or not) from our Loving Creator:
Thank YOU, Hashem Yitbarach, for...
- ...my spouse.
- ...my parents.
- ...my children.
- ...my grand-children.
- ...my step-children.
- ...my step-parents.
- ...my children in-law.
- ...my parents-in-law.
- ...my friends.
- ...all the hosts who opened their homes to me (including the not-so-gracious hosts).
- ...all the guests who graced my home (including the not-so-considerate ones).
- ...all the wonderful prayers Hashem has provided via eloquent tzaddikim, prayers that not only provide us with spiritual & physical protection, but also enable us to make requests in the most sublime & effective way possible.
- ...the entire Tanach and all the blessing & guidance contained within.
- ...the Gemara.
- ...the mitzvot.
- ...all the chagim/Jewish holidays.
- ...for having extracted us from the 49th level of tumah (spiritual blockage) and from our bondage in ancient Egypt.
- ...making me in Your Image.
- ...giving me so many chances after I mess up and sin.
- ...Your Infinite Patience with all of us.
- ...enabling us to return to settle in our Holy Land with unprecedented comfort & convenience.
- ...for Your Unfathomable Humility in allowing us to speak with You anywhere & anytime without any kind of appointment or formality, except preceding our outpourings with words of praise to You.
- ...the availability of so many geshmak Torah shiurim today.
- ...my soul.
A Prayer of Thanks to the Creator of the World
And if you're suffering a lot, there's this:
What to Say To God in the Toughest Times