He is in need of prayers.
But he also needs white blood cell donations.
(Please read the graphic or the text of the graphic below if the graphic is unclear):
SAVING YEHUDA MEIR
November 1, 2020
Just when his family thought life was starting to get back to normal after his last bout of cancer, one and a half years ago, 12-year old Yehuda Meir was diagnosed with the most virulent leukemia there is.
Yehuda Meir has been undergoing chemotherapy treatments and is now able to go through a complex bone marrow transplant in the coming days. Baruch Hashem he has a 100% bone marrow match.
He needs white blood cells donations. This unique blood donation necessitates locating blood donors who fit a certain profile.
This is where you come into the picture.
Who are we looking for? People who have O+ blood type.
- Men 18-55 years or women who have never been
- Have donated blood at least once in the past however
- who have not donated blood in the past 3 months.
- Have not been in eastern countries or South America in
- the past six months.
- Have not had piercings or tattoos done in the past two
- Have not been sick with the corona virus.
1. Register in one of the following ways:
A) Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
B) WhatsApp or call - Gitty +972 55-557-9445.
Or Yardena +972 54-282-4962
Or Cheryl (English only) +972 58-609-9509
2. It is also possible for you to go directly to MADA or Belinson blood bank in Petach Tikva to donate on your own schedule. Please still register and we will instruct you on
how to proceed.
3. Should you be found to be a match, you will be asked to continue the marathon donation process where you will be required to come one time to give the white blood cell donations that will be transferred directly to Yehuda Meir.
White blood cells cannot be stored and therefore locating the matching donors is essential.
HOW MANY DONORS ARE NEEDED?
ALL IN ALL, ABOUT 20 DONORS ARE NEEDED WHO WILL AGREE TO COME TO THE SECOND STAGE. ONLY 10% OF THE TARGET POPULATION DESCRIBED ABOVE WILL BE FOUND TO MATCH AND THEREFORE WE NEED AT LEAST 200 PEOPLE TO COME TO THE FIRST STAGE!
IF YOU ARE A MATCH, THE SECOND STAGE BLOOD DONATION WILL TAKE PLACE IN BELINSON HOSPITAL IN PETACH TIKVA AND WILL LAST 3-4 HOURS. AN INJECTION TO BOOST YOUR WHITE BLOOD COUNT WILL ALSO BE NEEDED THE PREVIOUS EVENING.
TRANSPORTATION CAN BE PROVIDED FOR THIS STAGE OF THE PROCESS.
ARE MONEY DONATIONS NEEDED? NO!
HOWEVER, WE WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOUR SHARED THIS POST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN UNTIL WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 4TH 2020.
PLEASE DAVEN FOR YEHUDA MEIR BEN YAKIRA.